Pages

Wednesday 5 February 2020

Building up my "Self Directed Learner"

Assessing Against the Self Directed Learner Matrix

Make a copy of this slide.  Highlight in green what you feel you already do well. Highlight in yellow the areas you need to work on. Screenshot your slide and post your completed matrix to your blog. Write three goals based on the area/s you are working to improve. 

As a Self Directed Learner I
  • Have a positive attitude to all parts of learning including setbacks. 
  • Know what skills I need to develop so I can learn. 
  • Can tell others the ways how I like to learn and what suits me best. 
  • Know what work I need to complete and set goals based on this.
  • Manage my learning time so I complete all tasks.
  • Catch up on work I miss or fall behind on in my own time. 
  • Ask for feedback when I am unsure. 
  • I reflect on my learning by asking:
  • How do I know what I’ve learned?
  • Can I explain what I’ve learnt to someone else?
  • Can I apply what I’ve learned when creating my work. 
Today at English we were manage to know our weaknesses and strengths. Our teacher decided to make us a goal to make 1 of our weaknesses become our strength. 

I thought to myself of how I would make it one of my strenght. The weakness I'm going to work for is (Can tell others the ways of how I like to learn and what suits me best).

Three things to solve this problem:
- Be more courageous on telling people what I want to learn.
- Finding the best way of learning.
- Finding my passion of how I learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.